Using guidance from the federal, local, and state authorities as well as the American Camp Association, Holmes Camp & Retreat Center has implemented the following procedures to help reduce the spread COVID-19, and to provide a safe environment for our guests, volunteers, and staff.
- Masks are not currently required at Holmes Camp & Retreat Center, with the following stipulations:
- Holmes Camp & Retreat Center reserves the right to require masking for specific programs and events.
- Guest groups leasing space for their own programs or events may choose to require masking for their program or event.
- Per guidelines from the New York State Department of Health any individual who has had close contact in the past ten days with someone infected with COVID-19 is asked to wear a well fitting mask.
- Mask policies are subject to change without advance notice.
- When making decisions about masking policies Holmes Camp & Retreat Center considers the following:
- Are Putnam or Dutchess counties, the site of Holmes Camp, are identified by the CDC as areas of “High COVID-19 Community Level“
- Are any guest groups Holmes is hosting primarily from areas identified by the CDC as having a ‘High COVID-19 Community Level’
- Are Federal, State, or Local government requiring masks be worn in places of business.
- Is there current guidance on masking from the Presbyterian Church (USA) or our three associated presbyteries.
- Are any of our guest groups at a given time especially high risk for or vulnerable to COVID-19 infection.
- Holmes Camp & Retreat Center encourages all who are able to protect themselves and their community with vaccination against COVID-19, and regular COVID-19 testing as appropriate.
- Holmes Camp & Retreat Center may require vaccination and/or testing for guests of certain Holmes sponsored programs and events.
- Guest groups may choose to require vaccination and/or testing for participants and attendees.
- All guest groups are required to provide Holmes Camp & Retreat Center with a list of individuals attending their event, for any amount of time, including first and last name and a current phone number or email address. Please contact us if you would like a blank form for gathering information, or feel free to use your own.
- Guests, volunteers, and staff experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to stay-home, or if symptoms began after arrival to self-isolate and immediately inform The Center.
- Staff and volunteers experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to receive a negative COVID-19 test or to self-quarantine for an appropriate amount of time before returning to work.
Retreat Groups will be asked to review and sign our Covid Policy prior to their stay.
Last updated March 20, 2023