View Worship Bulletin: Worship-Service.pdf
RESPONSE TO THE GLOBAL PANDEMIC
HOLMES CAMP AND RETREAT CENTER SUSPENDS PROGRAM FOR SUMMER 2020
For over 70 years, Holmes Camp has been a special place to generations of participants. Perhaps difficult to put in to words, the spirit and the people – shine through. People leave Holmes with the gift of memories and a living faith strengthened or realized through their time here. Throughout our history the safety of our campers, guests, and staff has always been at the forefront of everything we do. We feel called to continue that commitment, now more than ever.
After reviewing the recommendations of the American Camp Association, the CDC, and our local health and government officials, the Board of Directors, with my full support, has made the decision to suspend summer camp operations for the summer of 2020. We know that when it’s safe, the children and families of our community will need the ministry of camp now more than ever. So, we are working hard to adopt safety procedures, make plans, and alternative plans to meet every scenario when that day comes.
In the midst of this, our ministry is not stopping! I’m excited to share that Holmes Camp is innovating to support the church at this time. Here are a couple of those innovations that are already underway:
1. Once a month throughout the summer, we will produce a virtual worship experience at camp, that congregations can use to supplement their online virtual experiences. This will give vital rest to leaders in congregations, and share Holmes Camp with many who have never been.
2. We are producing 5 video segments, accessible to congregations across the region, to be used in Remote Vacation Bible Schools. These videos will be brief with instructions and activities based on our summer curriculum. Moving through the activities will take about an hour.
3. We are planning several virtual camp events (arts and crafts projects, nature exploration, camp programs) some live, some pre-recorded that will be available throughout the summer via social media, and other online venues.
4. Remaining a sanctuary for Presbytery church members to hike, fish (catch and release only please) and commune with nature. It’s a large, diverse and beautiful site.
And, there are more to come!
As of now, Holmes’ Autumn weekend events are still on.
To continue to make this ministry possible we need your support now more than ever. Please consider making a gift today to help ensure Holmes Camp is here tomorrow. You can make your gift, get the latest updates, and learn more about our procedures and schedule for re-opening at www.holmescamp.org.
Rev. Bryan S. Breault
Upcoming Events – View Fall Schedule
- Work Day/Musicians/Facebook/Save the Date
- Thank You Mylika/Work Day/Save the Date/Take a Hike
- Trail Clearing/Worship/Save the Date/Hike
- Sunday Worship/Trail Work/Thank You/Farm Stand/Save the Date
- Sunday Worship/Honey/Farm Stand/Agape 2
- Save the Date/Agape 2/Bridge
- Storm Isaias/Save the Date/Holmes Honey
- Friends Day/Kissing Bridge/Honey/Clergy’s New Normal